WHAT HAPPENED IN ME?
As you follow Jesus, you will find yourself on a spiritual journey
- Isaiah 26:7 – “The path of the righteous is level; O upright One, you make the way of the righteous smooth.”
- John 3:3 – Jesus told the religious man, “No one can see the kingdom of God unless he is born again.”
- 2 Corinthians 5:17 – “If anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!”
When you are born again, God gives you a new spirit.
- 1John 1:9 – “If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.”
- Romans 10:9 – “If you confess with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.”
WHAT ABOUT MY FEELINGS?
Sometimes feelings deceive.
- God is spirit. (John 4:24)
- God will never leave you or forsake you
Three important truths regarding following Jesus
1. Emotions are not always reality.
2. God’s Word is life’s GPS
•We live by faith, not by sight. (2 Corinthians 5:7)
•Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light for my path. (Psalm 119:105)
3. God wants to have relationship with you.
•”Prayer” is conversing with God.
•”Worship” is expressing love toward God. Read Psalm 100!